Office | Administration
This detail oriented position is responsible for carrying out the administration for all office staff, which includes program and service administration, as well as the administration of other delegated tasks. The administrative specialist is a liaison role between all departments that maintains a pulse on what is going on in the company, understanding the flow and connection between all administration, logistics of programs, services and each department. This position knows where all classes and services are happening on a daily basis and ensures that both clients and staff have everything they require to be successful, ahead of schedule, which includes all fine details of communication, administration and scheduling for all departments.
This position is responsible for written and verbal communication to clients and staff, as well as maintaining the organization of, maintenance of, and cleanliness of, the office environment and surrounding workspace. The administration specialist welcomes guests to the office (staff, clients, potential clients, or other visitors), and makes them feel comfortable and sees to their comfort by offering coffee, tea, or water.
Overall, the administration specialist does everything they can to deliver on “It’s already been taken care of.”, “When do you need this by?”, or “I’ll get an answer for you right away.” for all departments. A high degree of courtesy, consistency, prioritizing and organizing workflow are required daily in this role.
This position is currently filled, however we are always accepting applications which will be kept on file for 6 months.
We have a bustling office that is full of dynamic, passionate, and engaged team members, ready to support our customers and staff as we continuously evolve. It is the hub for all things canine.
key duties and responsibilities
- manage and correspondence for all incoming phone calls as well as email’s directed to info@, registration@, or other general email addresses
- welcome all visitors (staff, clients, potential clients, or other guests), offering coffee, tea, or water
- ensure all common and front desk areas are neat, tidy and presentable at all times
- general cleaning of office environment, which includes reception area & desk, stairwell, kitchen, bathroom, and learning centre (may involve vacuuming, cleaning of toilet, sinks, mirrors, dusting, emptying garbage/recycling, etc.), and ensure entrance, and surrounding grounds are presentable
- clean refrigerator once a week
- manage company library, resources, and equipment, tracking everything that goes in or out of office, and ensure it’s return, in equal condition, in a timely manner
- input and booking of business calendars (appointments, events, etc.) and updating team member on what is in their calendar for the day
- communication to custodian of weekend actives within the facility
- receive and sort all mail and deliveries, arrange shipping when needed, bring letters to mail box
- maintaining inventory, including supplies, promotional material, uniforms, equipment, etc.
- track thank-you cards, and have cards ready for occasions such as sympathy, congratulations, etc.
- booking of events/seminar spaces/socials
- keep server clean and tidy, including scans and main folders
- ensure staff have everything they need, ahead of time, for class, workshops, seminars, such as information, equipment, behaviour reports, class lists, and other needed tools or supporting documents
- review, monitor and respond to Chatter debriefs, organizing and taking care of requests, requirements, repairs, or other support, following up through to completion
- update website with current check-lists, procedures, protocols, class notes, calendars, schedules, etc.
- receive delegated tasks from other departments
- ordering and shopping for office, logistical, gear, equipment, and animal supplies
- collection of paper work from clients (such as registration, medical or liability forms) and staff (such as recruitment documents)
- pulling of information for reports
- research of systems, programs or services
- organizing/stapling receipts and statements
- documentation of job duties and how-to guides for position
- ensure office equipment is in working condition, organizing repairs or maintenance
- printing, scanning, faxing
- keep all systems for clients up to date, documenting all transactions, communication, administration, information, set-up and changes
- answer questions regarding systems, processes and technology
- Know all programs & services
- pass on or respond to all calls and emails promptly
Program/Service communication & logistics
- sending out program and service information to clients; pre-class, during class and post-class
- publishing class schedules for website and client calendars, ensure team schedule is accurate
- understanding environmental impacts to programs and services, and makes changes necessary to accommodate conditions
- set up and tear down of events/seminars
- administrate contests
Education, training, experience
- two to four years previous experience in an administrative role
- certificate or diploma in a business or administrative program
- or a combination of relevant training, education and experience
Job skills, competencies
- professional and refined communication skills, both written and oral
- efficient at editing, grammar and spelling
- excellent organizing, time-management, and prioritizing skills
- strong attention to detail
- tidy and orderly
- minimum 60 words per minute typing speed
- proficiency in Mac, and Apple based software
- moderate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- able to troubleshoot computer problems and perform routine maintenance, including organizing file structures, optimization performance, virus checks, defragmenting, and backing up data
- applied working knowledge of different social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- working close to, with, and in the presence of dogs in training
- typical indoor office environment with dedicated workstation
- business casual to business professional dress code
- use of electronic and digital office equipment, such as computers, phone, photo copier, etc.
- light walking from room to room, one flight of stairs
- occasionally lifting up to 25 pounds
wage and benefits
The starting salary for Administration is $17.50, paid hourly, and two weeks of vacation annually. Becoming part of the clevercanines team also gives you additional perks, such as free training programs, a great discount off dayschool visits, free club360 membership, staff discounts at various retailers, and more.
It’s not only about clevercanines choosing you, it’s also about you choosing us! We believe that finding the right fit goes both ways.
Read all the information found on these recruiting pages, specifically the tabs marked “welcome”, “expectations”, and the position(s) you are interested in applying for. Have a clear understanding of what would be expected of you should you join our team.
We recommend becoming as familiar with our company as you can. From reviewing our website, understanding our core values, philosophy, and programs we offer, social media platforms, etcetera. Again, it’s about you feeling we are a great fit for you.
Identify which position(s) you believe you would be a great fit for.
If you think you would be a great fit for our team, then continue to step two.
Complete this application form – This position is currently filled, however we are always accepting applications which will be kept on file for 6 months.
You will be asked to attach your resume and cover letter in the application form, so be sure you have it ready. The format we prefer is PDF. Please do not send your resume and cover letter separately.
clevercanines will only contact those applicants that have been selected to move to the next step of our recruiting process. If you are selected, we will contact you via the email address provided by you on your application form. All previous steps must be completed prior to being invited to complete the next steps or being invited to the interview.